Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite comic book artists
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 03:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I honestly haven't gotten to the point where I'm following artists. Most of the time it's either a series I'm checking out or a writer. That said some of my favorite art was from Batman comics since he really lends himself to comic book art.

Neal Adams kind of blew my mind when I started reading his Batman stuff from the 70s. Gone was the camp of the 60s Batman show, replaced by a moody, noirish style full of detail and negative space. Basically this was where Batman entered the modern age, and every iteration of him since has been heavily informed by Neal Adams' style.

I especially like the first picture in your post. It has a very Will Eisner kind of quality to it, and I just love the way he did urban settings in his Spirit comics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
The thing about O'Neill is that his art fits the world of Termight (where Nemesis is set: spoiler, it's later revealed to be Earth, wow big surprise!) where everything is harsh and tough and seems mechanised to the max.
It looks pretty old to me. 60's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I of course also (ahem) enjoy Frank Frazetta's work...
Spoiler for May be NSFW:
I like Frazetta too. I'm also a fan of Frank Thorne's work, but most of it is entirely too NSFW for this place.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote