Music Banter - View Single Post - Cheating...
Thread: Cheating...
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 05:04 PM   #32 (permalink)
DwnWthVwls
Fck Ths Thngs

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Exactly, it seems like Lucem thinks it's an orientation.

You don't think that do you Lucem?
I've never heard it not used that way... You can be poly and in a monogomous relationship, probably won't be happy, but I know a couple that ran into that issue. It's a relationship orientation ?? (for lack of a better description). What else do you call somebody who doesn't cheat (on their partners behalf), but has a desire to be with or fall in love with other people?

Found this with a quick google search, and it describes pretty well my understanding of the modern usage:

Quote:
Polyamory means having multiple romantic relationships at the same time, with the knowledge and consent of everyone involved.

An open relationship is a relationship where the parties are free to take new partners.

The terms both fall under the heading of "ethical nonmonogamy," but they are not synonymous. You can combine them or do one without the other.

If your relationship is polyamorous and open, then it's kosher for you to take new relationships, and you may fall in love with your partners. My relationships work this way.

If your relationship is polyamorous and closed, then you have more than one partner but have agreed not to take any new ones. For example, you could have a closed triad, a group of three people who are only involved with each other and don't get involved with anyone else.

If your relationship is open and not polyamorous, then you may take new partners, but these connections are not supposed to be romantic. Swingers often have sex outside their main relationship, but keep it casual.

If your relationship is neither open nor polyamorous, you're probably monogamous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote