Music Banter - View Single Post - Satanism
Thread: Satanism
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 11:08 AM   #45 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
i definitely can say fundamentalists are wrong for lacking the ability to critically think and read between the lines.

i defend their belief as i would anybody elses within reason. i know in 2017 it's cool to only focus on the negative aspects of religions and not the positive affect it has on many peoples lives but the reality of it is there are plenty of good aspects of it. i'm not saying they outweigh the bad, historically they definitely don't.

the issue is like i mentioned, rather than take these things into account most people do exactly what you're doing right now and attack the lowest common denominator like fundamentalists rather than acknowledge there are millions of people who see christianity as simply a guideline to live their life by. be kind, respect thy neighbour, and give thanks.

yeah, some of us are able to do that on our own. but for those who can't, im glad there is something around to restore purpose to their life.
I also attacked moderates for being wishy washy. I'll also attack them for indoctrinating children, producing a cultural climate that allows religious extremism to be more viable than if there were no religion, and shutting down logical discussions about religion on a public scale cause we don't want to be mean to them.

On the other hand I'm fine with many of the social aspects of religion, such as a sense of community, or being encouraged to contribute to charities and do community service, both of which atheism generally doesn't do unless you get goofy, pseudo-religions like secular humanism that are half-baked attempts to have their cake and eat it to (and they don't even really get to eat it tbh).

But that doesn't stop the whole thing from being idiotic.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote