Music Banter - View Single Post - MB StarCraft 1 League
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 06:45 PM   #26 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
Scouting and building at the same time is like playing a different beat with each hand aka impossible
I'm terrible at scouting. I don't know what I'm looking for as far as actual intelligence gathering goes besides just finding the enemy, and yeah consistently remembering to build **** while away from your base is basically the hardest thing about the game.

That's what hotkeys are for though. You can't hope to be any good at the game if you're not using your left hand constantly (assuming you're right handed). Put your Command Center in its own control group, likewise with your Barracks, Factory, Starport, and Engineering Bay. Also you need to learn the keyboard commands to build any unit so that you don't have to actually waste time clicking with your mouse.

How you do all that once you have multiple structures of the same type (f.ex. 4 Barracks, 2 Factories, 3 Command Centers, etc) is likewise a ****ing bitch since you can't put more than 1 building in a control group, but there's still a way to do it. To give you an idea of just how hard all this keyboard **** is you need to see the Koreans move their hands...

Will be in in a bit btw.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.

Last edited by The Batlord; 10-01-2017 at 06:52 PM.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote