Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 02:17 PM   #7355 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Studying cultures that are isolated from the influence of other cultures is the best way to determine if a trait is nurture or nature.
Indeed, but it doesn't disprove thousands of years of nurture that has reinforced the rule. I totally think that if we survive the next thousand years everything may very well work itself out, but this is not the next thousand years so I'm not holding my breath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
The oligarchy loves democracy because they keep their power and have a claim to legitimacy that people almost universally buy into. But I ain't buying it.
Yeah totally. Most of democracy has been an exercise in the establishment hoodwinking the populace into believing they matter, at least more than they actually do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Too bad your father, along with Frowny's, and others didn't think of this 20-30 years ago. The world would certainly be a better place in the here and now.
Too bad your parents were so traditional (nobody cares that your mother is a lesbian). Or else there might be one less working class Irish cretin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
Egyptians are not exactly an isolated incident
Way to go back thousands of years to find a civilization of note that had a woman leader. Was there even a woman pharaoh besides Nefertiti? Regardless, at least 99% of human history ****s on your supposition. You know full well that this is true, unless you want to start repping MRA nonsense. And Nefertiti still never held a vote of any sort for the populace I'm assuming.

Humans are simply the smartest dumb animals.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote