Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 02:38 PM   #7360 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
It's still an idiotic point to make within thousands of years of male tyrants, and a scattered few female tyrants. The sex of the tyrant is honestly not important except to point out the pattern of humanity's tyrant obsession.

I mean the rise of the executive branch shows this. The American public could give a modicum of a **** about a group of representatives when they can instead turn to what they hope will be an impressive strongman president. When the best presidents in history are decided they are not decided by those who performed the office in the way that it was created, but those who did the most, in the same way that the "greatest" dictators are judged.
Take it up with elph homie.

I will say that most of those tyrants were products of a world where they understood the tyrant as an acceptable form of government. If we found that isolated cultures that deflect the idea of a predisposition towards tyrants, we can determine that it's something that's driven by culture, which effects how we would approach it if we wanted to move away from it.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote