Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 05:32 PM   #7735 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I'm not saying it's a good thing to do, I just don't really give a **** about what he did tbh. *shrug*

Regarding the loved ones memory thing, I just don't see how it has anything to do with them. Are people who knew her going to look back at her and think poorly of her now? I don't get this whole preservation thing, it's not as if he's denounced her.
Like I say, if you don't understand or get it I can't help you, but I would never do anything that I know my ma would not approve of, alive or dead. That's what I mean by keeping her memory. You live your life in the way you hope your parents (well, in my case, one only) would want you to, and you try to hope that they would be proud of you. Karen has a picture of her and my ma on her desk, and often I look at it and think "I hope you'd approve of how I'm looking after her, ma, and are proud of me". So I'm sentimental. Sue me.

It's also probably an "Irish mammy" thing. You just do NOT disrespect the memory of your mam. Father, maybe; not so bad. But mammy? Never.