Music Banter - View Single Post - Led Zeppelin is the greatest band ever
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 10:17 AM   #92 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
unfortunately they are.

real quote from a conversation when we went to a show together awhile back

"Riley, you like math rock right?"

"kinda, way more into mathcore. some of the craziest **** i listen to comes from it."

"oh yeah? same. i love Tool."
I'm just going to assume that none of them even knew who Drive Like Jehu or Shellac were or else I'd diss and dismiss them. Even if they had I'd visibly sneer at them. So basically they're not your friends anymore right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
we're also having an ongoing debate on whether eminem is one of the best lyricists of all-time or not

*rolls eyes back into head until they detach and roll across the floor*

seriously though i have like two friends who i can actually talk music to without getting angry. it's like a prerequisite around here that if you want to like good music you also need to be annoying and snobby. so rather than be friends with other annoying snobs, i just choose to be the lone annoying snob.
I mean I love Eminem and his lyrics, but I still understand that they're good for fun's sake and not because they're accomplished, and I'm a lyrical dunce. I don't even know if he's better on a subtler, technical level, but I still know that he's mostly good for his nonsense than he is for his brilliance. At the very least I'd refrain from putting forth an opinion due to my ignorance rather than put my ignorance out into the world and pretend it was meaningful.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote