Music Banter - View Single Post - Led Zeppelin is the greatest band ever
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 04:48 PM   #250 (permalink)
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard
OQB

free jazz is ****ing great when i'm in the mood for it but much like any other more challenging style of music, i can only stomach so much of it. while i typically respect musicians under the free jazz, avant garde, experimental, etc label more, i spend way more time listening to stuff like grime, punk and pop music.

i'm the same way with movies actually. while i absolutely love art house cinema and directors like Michael Haneke and Lars von Trier (just as an example), I spend far more time watching over the top action flicks or ****ty 80s so bad they're good horror movies.

it's a good balance of both sides that does it best for me. i do think as i listen to more and more jazz i will get sucked further and further down the rabbit hole though, it's just atm i feel like there's still so much to explore in terms of the genres i find easier to listen to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote