Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Opinions
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 06:14 PM   #268 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I can’t speak for situations abroad but in America education needs to be free and non-compulsory. And I mean non-compulsory on both ends. Students of any age should be able to reject school and schools and teachers should be able to reject students.

You might think that creating a life skills employment centered curriculum would encourage cooperation but teachers would still be dealing with the endless barrage of **** yous and disruption and idiotic dip ****s starting **** with other students simply because they’re useless dysfunctional ****s.

Here’s how it would go.

What do you want to learn?

I want to be a mechanic.

Two weeks later it turns out learning to be a mechanic takes effort. 15 year old pours sugar in the gas tank and tells the teacher to suck a dick. Don’t believe it? Try it.
Yeah I'm sure there would be ****s, but teach lower class kids skills they actually, honestly think they can use and I suspect the amount of kids who didn't care would actually drop precipitously. You'd just have to get them used to a curriculum they thought they could use and convince them that, yes, we are in fact teaching you life skills, and no, we're not bull****ting you.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote