Music Banter - View Single Post - Trout Mask Replica vs. The Velvet Underground & Nico
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 04:32 AM   #217 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I would not call Slayer "old rock"
You do realize you've already used the phrase more than I have. I said it precisely twice. First as a boiled down way of saying that I expected the album to fall into an era and genre category, the combination of which typically isn't my bag. Second just to poke at you since the phrase seemed to rile you up. I assumed you would see that I was joking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'm not butthurt he doesn't like I'm butthurt that he ****ing sucks at talking about music
That's an interesting statement, since almost none of the discussion so far has been about music. It's been me making the argument that one has to make decisions about what to give a chance since one can't give everything a chance, while Frownlands argument was that he saw the VU album as being unique enough that I should try anyway - despite my past experiences with rock music.

Or old rock music, if you will. As in rock music from the 50's, 60's and 70's.

I'm not actually interested in building on this antagonistic thing you're doing. It's fine, I don't mind, but don't expect me to throw any mud back.

Last edited by MicShazam; 11-02-2017 at 04:39 AM.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote