Music Banter - View Single Post - Classic Aerosmith(1973-1977) or classic Rolling Stones(1966-1973)?
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 06:11 PM   #50 (permalink)
Maajo
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber soul View Post
This one's too easy. That's like saying who's better, the Beatles or Freddie and the Dreamers.

I voted Stones. I used to probably actually like Aerosmith just as much when all I was listening to was classic rock radio, but my opinion of them has faded probably as much as any other band that I've ever listened to. I can tolerate them, and that's about the best I can say about any of their songs at this point is that they're tolerable. Sweet Emotion is an alright song, but I've heard it so many times and I've listened to so much stuff that's better in the last 8 years of my life that I just don't care too much for it.

The Rolling Stones have actually become better in my eyes (or ears?) as I've gotten older. Albums like Now, 12x5, Aftermath, Beggars Banquet, Let It Bleed, and even in the 70s with Sticky Fingers, Exile, Goats Head and Some Girls, they made albums that I can come back to and play all the way through again and again. Goat's Head Soup isn't my favorite but it's not a bad album by any means.
Maajo is offline   Reply With Quote