Music Banter - View Single Post - Eminem - Revival
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2017, 05:25 PM   #72 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
In light of superior ways to determine objectivity, why rely on something so inconsistent though? You can use it to justify your opinion as more than some dude that's realy into x artist if you can show other people sharing your specific thoughts on the artist. Cause for popularity is incredibly ambiguous, so you have to go far beyond something's popularity to confirm that the popularity is because of the artist's high quality music.
And again, for the third time, it's not the end all be all thing that ultimately validates an artist, but it is more important to the discussion than you want to accept because it contradicts your taste.

Plus, I can bring up Kanye West. I can tell you all day that Kanye does not have terrible lyrics that his lyrics are exactly perfect for what he's doing and you aren't having it, so at that point what is the use of discussing it with somebody who doesn't know how to appreciate music they don't enjoy? You're not going to accept the objectivity of any reason I give for enjoying an artist like Kanye so it's just as pointless and futile as bringing up the popularity. And I can obviously just bring up that the lyrics can't be that terrible if so many people, not just casual fans but huge lovers of hip hop in general rally behind Kanye and his lyrics. It's the validation you don't want to accept because it contradicts your taste. No matter how detailed I get into why Kanye's lyrics aren't terrible you're not going to accept it any more than if I just leaned on his popularity.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote