Music Banter - View Single Post - MicShazam listens to your recs
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 04:56 PM   #114 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Silver Apples has an interesting history. Simeon Coxe actually built his own instrument out of oscillators and telegraph keys.

Silver Apples- "You and I" (1969)

I've seen where you are looking for Avant-garde. I don't know if Pram really constitutes as Avant-garde band. I just like what I hear. Pram are simply amazing to me. Dead Piano is the first song off of their debut album. On their first album they are described as "Art Rock, Experimental, Leftfield, Avantgarde" and I even seen "Post-Punk." The band's sound develops throughout their history. When you get to the song Beluga Discog describes their style as "Leftfield, Abstract, & Downtempo." I am not sure if mentioning what style of music Pram play helps you in any way. I guess it gives a slight hint what to expect. If you hate them, sorry I did my best. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pram - Dead Piano (1992)

Pram - Beluga (2008)
I'm not crazy about that Silver Apples track, to be honest, but it does have a pretty unique vibe to it for sure.

The two Pram tracks were pretty cool - especially Dead Piano. If I just heard these tracks with no context, I'd have guessed they were both older than they are.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote