Music Banter - View Single Post - What are you Writing now?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 03:08 PM   #458 (permalink)
rubber soul
Call me Mustard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm not sure such mags even exist any more though, do they? The likes of Analog would have been maybe a target, though it's probably too long for them. Also, I doubt they publish unknown authors. I'll look forward to reading your book.

Not aware of the myth, and I'm interested in my mythology. Care to elaborate?

I know there are online magazines where you might be able to submit your work. One such site is something called Spank The Carp who liked to advertise on my writing site. Anyway, look around a little, and you might be able to find someone. Also, someone from my old forum mentioned Smashwords which would publish your work for free as long as they got a cut of the profits. At least that's what I think she said.

Basically, I was referring to the characters. I'm a little rusty on my Greek Mythology, but Hades was the god of the underworld as I think you may have mentioned. The story I'm most familiar with is the story of Persephone, who is Hades' wife. Orpheus was a musician essentially who went to the Underworld to rescue his wife Euripides. Hades agreed to let her follow him out but if he looked back, she would be lost to the Underworld forever. And of course the nitwit looked. There's some stuff on all the characters on Wiki and there certainly has to be some sites on Mythology out there. I was very interested in it during High School.
rubber soul is offline   Reply With Quote