Music Banter - View Single Post - Forum Member Showcase
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 08:29 AM   #3466 (permalink)
Machine
moon lake inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
Yeah, it's no doubt a thing that I could stand to improve. I have a personal fondness for the Adlib sound of old PC games and the samples I tend to use these days are basically exported adlib sounds from a music program I have for DOS. I personally think it sounds better than MIDI, but it's very much a thing that I've gotten negative feedback on more than once. I have a lot of older stuff that uses very different kinds of samples.

I took the idea of the structure from Dir En grey. That band often plays the verse and chorus only once, then throws in some variation and other verse. The second chorus usually doesn't come until the end, with a lot of delays before then. Not that this track follows that to a tee, but it's the basic idea.

I don't ever write music with any particular style or genre in mind. It's just sort of its own thing, whatever that may be.

It's a niche sound for sure. There's no doubt that it's basically video game inspired music, but more early 90's DOS games than SNES. I think that if one played through all the games I played in the 90's, this sound would make more sense
---
In response to both of you, I'm not dismissing any criticism - I'm just very unsure of to what degree my music just sucks and to what degree it's maybe just very niche. I've had a fair share of positive reactions over the years, but also quite the opposite.
i gotchu it's just not fleshed out enough for my taste
Machine is offline   Reply With Quote