Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Classics: The Fall - This Nation's Saving Grace
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 10:44 PM   #103 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paedantic Basterd View Post
I wanted to be sure that all the votes were valid before plunking it in MB'S FAVOURITE REJECTS!!!

The median might be a more valid measure of the forum's vote, however. Our sample size is very small and the results for some albums suffer from outliers and negative skew. Or we can leave it because this is all just for fun anyways.
The benchmark at one time 8 then it was lowered to 7. That was done to allow more albums in. But that wouldn't have been necessary if we just look out how the members voted. I still think we should how the majority votes, and use the average for its ranking.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote