Music Banter - View Single Post - Jordan Peterson - Get a damn hoover, ey.
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 08:17 AM   #59 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Do our serotonin receptors cause our brain to respond identically though? There are a wealth of other factors that can also affect that but he barrels through without considering it. JP is almost as big of a pseudointellectual as I am.
Maybe considering the format he’s presenting on he should qualify those points but as a listener I’m not assuming it’s worked out. I’m not assuming that these phenomenon grew in a common ancestor I’m just saying the lobster’s experience evokes empathy (in me) when he describes the restructuring of the human brain after difficult experiences.

If it were deep dish science it would take weeks to muddle through the details. Now, if I were his student, I would expect those details because that’s where the practical knowledge is. But as a dude to listen to casually I enjoy it. Maybe his classes guide you through the neural processes or maybe they don’t. If I were dropping 60 grand or whatever I would want information that I could use to formulate something practical and that’s going to be in the tedious details I’m not looking for in a podcast.

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote