Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2018, 01:25 PM   #51 (permalink)
Girls,Cars,Guitars
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 8,933
Default

"free speech advocate"

nobody wants to take away your right to say stupid things, we will however point out you say stupid things
__________________
Just another marketing ploy
Quote:
I've got a woman mean as she can be
sometimes I think, she's almost as mean as me
elphenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 01:40 PM   #52 (permalink)
Resident rightwing nutjob
 
Machine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Detroit
Posts: 2,074
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
"free speech advocate"

nobody wants to take away your right to say stupid things, we will however point out you say stupid things
Well that's just not true
Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 01:44 PM   #53 (permalink)
Your FBI Rep
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,549
Default

Most modern free speech advocates are more along the lines of freedom from criticism advocates. It's a shame tbh
__________________
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 01:48 PM   #54 (permalink)
Resident rightwing nutjob
 
Machine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Detroit
Posts: 2,074
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Most modern free speech advocates are more along the lines of freedom from criticism advocates. It's a shame tbh
Again that's not entirely true, hate speech laws are rampant in Europe. I couldn't the exact source rn, but last week or so bunch of people got arrested for saying mean things about the gang of Muslim men who raped 1400 girls over the last 15 or so years. They Brits got in trouble for not liking that. Man that is ****ed on so many levels. In America it isn't that dire, but it easily could be and that's the problem.
Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 01:50 PM   #55 (permalink)
Your FBI Rep
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine View Post
Again that's not entirely true, hate speech laws are rampant in Europe. I couldn't the exact source rn, but last week or so bunch of people got arrested for saying mean things about the gang of Muslim men who raped 1400 girls over the last 15 or so years. They Brits got in trouble for not liking that. Man that is ****ed on so many levels. In America it isn't that dire, but it easily could be and that's the problem.
It's 100% true that the figureheads of the modern free speech movement are simply profiting off of victimizing conservatism.

And you're gonna have to give me a source for that. There are a lot of factors that could be at play if it is even true and I get the feeling that your intel isn't as journalistic as it could be.
__________________
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 01:55 PM   #56 (permalink)
Resident rightwing nutjob
 
Machine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Detroit
Posts: 2,074
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
It's 100% true that the figureheads of the modern free speech movement are simply profiting off of victimizing conservatism.

And you're gonna have to give me a source for that. There are a lot of factors that could be at play if it is even true and I get the feeling that your intel isn't as journalistic as it could be.
Free speech is a more important value than anything else.

Also I'll concede this I was a bit wrong on the second point, less of a speech issue now and of a gross disservice the British govt is doing at actually protecting British people.
https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/rothe...sers-1-6807187

And before you say anything, YES the police did know this was happening, but refused to do anything about.
Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 02:03 PM   #57 (permalink)
Your FBI Rep
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine View Post
Free speech is a more important value than anything else.
Idk about it being tops, but that goes without saying tbh.

Quote:
Also I'll concede this I was a bit wrong on the second point, less of a speech issue now and of a gross disservice the British govt is doing at actually protecting British people.
https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/rothe...sers-1-6807187

And before you say anything, YES the police did know this was happening, but refused to do anything about.
Thanks for the link. The jury'll blubber over the descriptions of the sexual assault(s) and they'll be good though.
__________________
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 02:06 PM   #58 (permalink)
Resident rightwing nutjob
 
Machine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Detroit
Posts: 2,074
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Idk about it being tops, but that goes without saying tbh.



Thanks for the link. The jury'll blubber over the descriptions of the sexual assault(s) and they'll be good though.
Well I sure hope they do, these guys were pure evil.
Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 12:17 AM   #59 (permalink)
Your FBI Rep
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,549
Default

__________________
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 08:12 AM   #60 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,237
Default

Before I watch it is it real or a spoof?
__________________
2017 & 2018 Member of the Year Back2Back

experimental music on Spotify worth checking out

FREAK FIGHTER JOURNAL (Awarded 2018 Journal of the Year)

free jazz 2018 thread

Drone/Ambient Releases of 2018

OccultHawk Reviews Southern States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
There's probably some reasonable middle ground between Leave It to Beaver and being forced to suck your step-father's dick in the basement after your mom goes to work.
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.