Music Banter - View Single Post - Vince McMahon Restarting the XFL
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 11:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Maajo
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank. View Post
The entertainment was the new thing. If you don't like it fine, but it's still them trying something new. Kudos to Vince for trying.
It wasn't as entertaining as the action of legitimate football being played, and also I think you're giving him way too much credit for what he supposedly gave to the presentation aspect of football. Most of what he did for the XFL and even the WWE/F has always been based off how the NFL is presented. He introduced some minor things like the sideline camera angle and probably the helmet cam or something, but that's really the extent of it. The XFL was poorly executed and boring, and that's why it lasted for about two seasons.

Quote:
I don't understand. Do you think that Indie and Japanese wrestling is real? They're not. Nakamura was brought in because he's a popular and proven draw in Japan. The indie guys got brought in to see if they can make money with them. Lesnar, the only person with legitimacy, was in the company before his UFC run.
The WWE presents Nakamura and the indie wrestlers as if they're changing the culture of the company to be less of a "work", especially with Nakamura and that strong style BS. There's no way that's not because they want to re-legitimize the product in my opinion at least, and what's so hilarious is that it actually looks worse than it ever has before.
Maajo is offline   Reply With Quote