Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2018, 04:14 AM   #7319 (permalink)
Chiomara
mayor of spookytown

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
The brand definitely matters big time for any liquor.

I've seen a number of people change opinion about rum when I got them to taste something well above the stuff you use to mix drinks. Captain Morgan and stuff like that should be used to clean toilets.

Try a glass of Presidente with nothing added, then tell me again that rum tastes awful. That's what I'd say to anyone if I had a bottle in the closet and the subject came up.

Definitely, especially when it comes to things like gin.

Though personally I'm quite fine with barely-decent liquor so long as it's white rum or tequila. One just needs really good mixers aside from just the usual cheap sugary junk. I'm excessive by nature so I like using things like blood orange and pomegranate and mango juice and such. (Oh and for instance if you infuse cheap gin with blackberries for a few weeks or so it takes the edge off a little and ofc tastes wonderful and like blackberries and springtime. SO good if you use it to make a gin fizz or modified gin and tonic type drink with lemon rather than lime and some sugar added, and maybe elderflower liqueur?) Though I guess these things are much easier to manage if you're only a very light drinker and don't require large quantities of expensive liquor and liqueurs.