Music Banter - View Single Post - What is love?
Thread: What is love?
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 05:21 AM   #39 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiomara View Post
(but they, too ultimately did not really have the personality traits and interests they feigned while courting me anyway. They claimed to want to do all these things with me-- hiking--not even difficult hikes, leisurely ones-- cave exploring, thrift store hunting and cooking etc but after a month or two suddenly lose interest and prefer to play video games for 10 hours a day every day instead. I'm so tired. Not that I have strict activity requirements--that would be dumb-- I just want to do something vaguely active together on a somewhat regular basis. And it's the worst when you're dating someone that doesn't have the same sense of humor/sense of fun. If we can't just lounge around together eating dollar store candy while doing nothing in particular for hours without becoming immediately bored/feeling awkward then what's the point?)
I think this is why I can't really see myself with any woman I've ever met. I just know we won't really want the same things from life and won't be able to find some kind of daily rhythm that wont make one of us unhappy. I even ended a relationship back in 2011 and no one understood why. If she was so sweet and cheerful and we had fun together, why end it? But I just saw the boredom coming. She was a couch potato, liked watching daytime TV, didn't really have any interests the way I do, so I felt like I had to put a big part of my personality away behind lock and key when we were together. Doomed from the start, even though we never had a bad day together.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote