Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 10:04 AM   #48020 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Well, that was a fun day!
In the middle of typing a reply to Frownland in this very thread, everything began to crawl and then finally stopped. Computer hung totally. No choice but to reboot. Once I did, nothing would work. Booted into safe mode, ran virus and spyware checks, nothing. Tried restore, no dice. Was supposedly "recovering files" for about two hours before I gave up and shut the machine off again. Got my Windows installation disk, tried Repair. You're joking, mate! Finally had no choice to but to totally reinstall Windows, which meant reinstalling all my old programmes, getting the likes of Spotify back up running and basically being a big pain in the arse. Finally finished about 3am.

I tell you, I've ****ing had it with Windows. I'm now looking into Linux, because I am tired of being subject to the tyranny of Microsoft and their ****ty system, but it (Linux) looks very daunting. I know I spoke of this before, but if anyone has any practical advice for me vis a vis Linux I'll be happy to talk to you.

Aside: having no other choice after reinstalling Windows I had to use Internet Explorer to get online. It tells me it's out of date, and I have to download the latest version, 11. So I do that, and what happens? "Microsoft has protected you by blocking this download"!!!! ****ing thick ****s blocked THEIR OWN SOFTWARE from downloading! Says it all really. Now SP1 won't install for me. **** you, Bill Gates. **** you to hell and back. I'm done with you. As soon as I can, you're getting kicked to the kerb.

(Ten years later, Trollheart says to himself: "I really should look into Linux. This is the tenth time this year I've had to reinstall"....)
*curb
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote