Music Banter - View Single Post - Hitler's circle of evil music
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 04:53 PM   #32 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by p310 View Post
Very smart things. I agree with most of that, but then, when it comes to the views on nazism, I have a different perception. It's probably from where I live. There's a tombstone on the corner of my neighborhood in memory of a few thousand civilians murdered at that very spot. There's a rail station nearby that was used to transport a few hundred thousand people to death camps. When people ask me 'how old is this building?' I can easly answer 'probably like 50 years old at most cause everything, really everything was ruined'.

I'm a very liberal person but nazism is probably the one of two things that repulse me to my bones and stays outside of my zone of tolerance.
Music and art are subject to massive amounts of subjectivity, so while I don't get your point of view, being an American who's never had to deal with any of that, I can understand a more visceral reaction that would make neo-Nazi music simply untenable.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote