Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 07:05 PM   #10162 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
^ Thanks, TH !

^ Yes, to actually live under his presidency must be really frustrating. I'm hoping the blue wave will materialize, but the Dems seem to be dragging their feet. I expected them to be all over the tighter-gun-control issue, riding on that upsurge of what? 92% of Americans wanting tighter controls. Why weren't they up on their soapboxes saying, "Vote for us and we'll enact more gun laws"?

^ ftfy
For me to rediscover a theoretical faith in humanity the American people would have to publicly and obviously recoil in horror at what they've done by electing this man. But the right wing of all walks of life will carry at least as much water as is required to make him sound like a reasonable president, and the swing voters like my mother will carry enough water to make it sound like it was reasonable to have voted for him in the first place. And the liberals will hate him because they have no reason to carry water for him. But on the whole the American people will pretend that this whole episode wasn't an embarrassment to the entire concept that the human race should even be trusted with the right to vote.

Jesus Christ I actually care less about voting now than I did before. Yeah, if people voted more and were more educated this could have been avoided, but if frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their ass when they jump. All I know is that the human race is willing to vote for Adolf Hitler and Donald Trump. My fellow man is simply not worth my time to care. I just hope the elephants can survive our idiocy.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote