Music Banter - View Single Post - I hate grunge.
Thread: I hate grunge.
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 01:00 PM   #600 (permalink)
Nick1976
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
Well i like his lyrics though i admit he's not a genius lyricist. I like his timing in some of them for exmpl in Serve the Servants, the first track of In Utero after all his nevermind fame.

"Teenage angst has paid off well
Now I'm bored and old
Self-appointed judges judge
More than they have sold"

That's good verse in my opinion and he has tons of well timed lyrics in others songs that go perfectly with the mood of the song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cCR3Q17egs&t=4942s This was filmed in September 1991 right when Grunge was beginning to ruin the best era of rock. I seen them on this tour, Blood, Sweat, and Beers tour. Them, Firehouse, and Trixter. Definitely in my top ten shows ever. When Metal ruled! I think Nirvana was a very musically limited band. I think Nirvana is overrated in the sense that people act like they are the greatest band to have made grunge music when in my eyes Alice in Chains, Sound Garden, Stone Temple Pilots (early albums), Mother Love Bone are much better bands in terms of musical talent. They were also somewhat responsible for taking the guitar solo out of music that had been so prominent in the 70s and 80s and I hate them for that. For me their whole status is massively inflated by this (perceived by many) rebellious rock ' n roll suicide romanticism of Cobain shooting himself dead at the age of 27 after years as a heroin junkie, so it's like that whole James Dean thing (who was a lousy actor who made a few mostly pretty terrible movies that gained huge appeal after his death) and John Belushi (for me a moderately talented comedian) and Sid Vicious (who never had a single musical bone in his body) - you wonder if guys like this had lived they'd all by now be living in disgraceful middle-age, and starring on celebrity ballroom dancing reality shows?
Nick1976 is offline   Reply With Quote