Music Banter - View Single Post - I hate grunge.
Thread: I hate grunge.
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 11:14 PM   #632 (permalink)
Blank.
Jacob Sartorius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick1976 View Post
One thing you have to admit; as goofy as the 80's hair band guitarists looked with the big hair, make-up and spandex they spent years mastering their craft with blistering guitar riffs and killer solos
They knew the CAGED system? Good for them. Every guitarist who's worth anything should. But that's not mastery of guitar. Mastery of guitar is being able to play every scale without a mistake or a wrong note. Every chord without a missed beat. You're yet to show a single guitarist who doesn't play some Minor ****.

Quote:
whereas Cobain shot up the charts playing rinky-dink power chords and amateurish piss ant guitar solos. Go figure!
Lol.

Quote:
A few months back I was in a local music store and saw this young 15-ish looking boy playing the guitar intro to Alice Cooper's "Poison" on a Fender Strat. I walked up to him and shook his hand and thanked him for NOT playing that "Come as you are" or "Smells like Teen Spirit" bull**** like most people I hear his age play. Judging from the smile he gave me he knew exactly what I was getting at! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq4j1LtCdww
Oh ****! That was you? Actually that smile was, "why are you bring those songs up... this is really creepy."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick1976 View Post
All Cobain sang about was depression, gloom, doom, misery, angst, despair, loss and a terrible life growing up. Sure, he wasn't the first nor the last to sing songs like that but that was ALL he sang about!
The song Come As You Are is about society, Teen Spirit is ment to capture teenage rebellion, About A Girl is about a girl, Been a Son is about a girl who got mistreated because her parents wanted a boy.

Was Cobain singing about a his misery? Yes. He was talking about other things too though.

Quote:
Take John Lennon for example; his dad abandoned him and his mom when he was a kid and John was practically destroyed when his mother was killed by an off duty police officer who was driving drunk but looking at his music it wasn't all about doom and gloom
Lol. And I have two loving parents yet I still write the majority of my lyrics about how I want to kill myself. People write about what they want too.

Quote:
......and he didn't commit suicide either.
I don't understand your point... What does this have to do with anything? Does suicide make him evil now?
Blank. is offline   Reply With Quote