Music Banter - View Single Post - Celebrities You Hate
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 04:57 PM   #155 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
That's not my impression, but the point still stands. If I mention Detroit to you, do you honestly think of the Lions, Tigers, Pistons, or Red Wings before you think of Danny Brown, The Stooges, The White Stripes, or Eminem?
Nah. When I hear Detroit I think of Motown and cars. But then we're not American so what would we know about all those bands, none of whom I knew came from Motor City.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Wait, do people actually know what cities arists are from?
No
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I don't like American sports either.
Doesn't invalidate my point though, and demolishes your argument in the process.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
I hate every single woman who has ever been on a show titled "The Real Housewives of (insert city name here)".
Change hate to **** and Hawk is in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man like Monkey View Post
It is true.

I read a site for city development. One of the biggest complaints the users on there have at the moment is that all of our teams are doing quite badly and have been for a while. We've had some of the best development outside London over the past five years or so, but the one thing that remains a constant complaint is the lack of a team at the highest level of football because of the revenue and exposure playing in the Champions League gives you, and the size of the audience, which everyone is aware of. It really can be important in getting the city's name out there and boosting things like tourism and development. The Commonwealth Games should be a good boost but we'd like teams to be competing. If we had made the CL in 2009 VP would be a 50,000+ stadium right now.

A good example of a city where it is predominantly known for its sports team would be Dortmund, imo.
Or Barcelona. Or Madrid. Or Manchester.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man like Monkey View Post
Mad isn't it. I only answered the question the thread asked
Careful what you wish for, eh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Because "the rule" is defined by Europe, of course.
Now you're sounding like Frownland. Monkey told you that doesn't happen here, so it's irrelevant whether it's your experience. That's how it goes with us over here, which is why your argument holds no weight with we who are not of the American persuasion.