Music Banter - View Single Post - Celebrities You Hate
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 05:33 PM   #166 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
It can, but it's not necessarily always so. As was pointed out with Liverpool. So basically, we're both right and I haven't proved your point nor you proved mine. Some people will think of sports teams when thinking of certain cities/states (Dallas I think of Dallas Cowboys obviously, Leicester I think of Leicester City Football Club) and some will think of music (Seattle/Nirvana, Liverpool/Beatles etc).
I never said it was always so. I've said it can be so and I think that point has been proven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man like Monkey View Post
Well I already explained, nobody outside of the East Midlands would have been able to tell you anything about Leicester three years ago. Half of Asia would now though. Of course bands can raise a city's profile internationally, it depends on the band and city, you kind of said it as a general statement that almost always applies. I'd say Leicester's successful team has represented the city more than Kasabian, and that's got a lot to do with it carrying its name. It's certainly brought more money and tourism in.
As someone from outside East Midlands, I can tell you I have no idea what any of that means.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote