Music Banter - View Single Post - Celebrities You Hate
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 08:45 AM   #209 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
It was on every major news network - USA, Europe, Asia, you name it. It wasn't just Britain. That's the point. Anyway, that's the point. It WAS huge news. Just because you and some people here didn't hear about it doesn't mean it wasn't big news across the world. It was.

Or maybe it wasn't as big news as you think it was.

Quote:
You've never heard of it? Wow.
Nope, never heard or heard of it.

Quote:
No, you were only seeing it from your point of view and refusing to accept the points Monkey and I were putting forward. When you said "so Europe is the rule now is it?" that was just silly. Nobody was saying that. There's no real argument here: we're just trying to say that both can be true. Some cities evoke, in some people, the images of sports teams. Some (I would say less - what do you think of when you hear Berlin, Belgrade, Dublin or Amsterdam?) evoke images of music. We actually accept your premise but you don't seem to be accepting that ours can also be true in certain cases.
My premise is that music can define a city as much or more than a sport. If you agree with that, I'm not actually sure why you're debating me about it.

Quote:
So it's not "city names always evoke sports teams", it's "sometimes they do, and sometimes it's music".
Which was exactly my point, a refutation of Monkey's statement that he doesn't "see how a music artist is similar tbh they don't really represent the city in the same way".
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote