Music Banter - View Single Post - White Shaming
Thread: White Shaming
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 05:47 PM   #303 (permalink)
DwnWthVwls
Fck Ths Thngs

The problem with the white privilege claim is actually showing systematic white privilege. Also, the definition WIDELY varies. Bunch of anecdotes and questionable stats used on both sides. There is a difference between anecdotal racism holding down some minorities and systematic white privilege. Too much damn nuance to wrap my head around.. Idk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Examples would be how often black people get followed around in stores by managers thinking they are going to steal while white people aren't used to it.

Or how there are more white legacy students in college than there are any particular minority.
These kinds of examples are just awful.. Take a scenario where only white people exist and there will be the same bias based around adjectives as well. People make snap judgements all the time based on how you carry yourself, what youre wearing, etc.. I live in the sticks of NJ and worked at a grocery store for almost 4 years, while I went to college. You think my managers weren't following around the whitetrash, drug addict looking rednecks and leaving most of the "normal"/old customers be? When the occasional minority customer came in do you think they suddenly stopped paying attention to the white trash and focused on them instead? Not in my experience, maybe it's just the place I live, idk.

and the legacy thing - unless youre talking percentages that doesn't demonstrate anything. Please explain as I'm pretty ignorant about this topic.

Also, not accepting white privilege exists doesn't require evidence based on the same logic that not accepting God's existence doesnt require evidence. You don't get to just throw out reason because emotion.

To all: If everyone in the entire world was one race, do you think there wouldn't be certain groups of people that got ahead? It seems to be a fundamental characteristic of society.. what would you blame it on if there were only white people and how do you know some of those factors aren't also part of the problem currently? As always, I take the position.. yeah there's that, but there is also this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump

Last edited by DwnWthVwls; 05-18-2018 at 06:14 PM.
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote