Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Bowie Classics: "Station to Station"
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 01:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
Hey now, I'm only reacting to these albums as fairly and honestly as I can. While I of course know about Bowie and many of his hit songs, I didn't grow up with his music and don't have any sort of deeper connection to his music (perhaps aside from "Under Pressure" and the Labyrinth soundtrack).
It's unlikely that I'm going to be head over heels about every one of his many, many albums. It's been interesting enough that I plan to go all the way through his discography and I think I'm feeling more positive about his late 70's output and what came after.
Still lots of room for low scores (), but I think there will be a lot less from here on. I fundamentally find his more mature output to be more appealing.
Hey, anyone who can diss Ziggy, Aladdin and Hunky ... well, say no more really!

Hopefully the Berlin Trilogy will be more to your taste, first of them tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
Good stuff. I've got this on CD and Vinyl. Left the CD at a friend's about a year ago still haven't had it back.

Also lost:
Purple Rain
VUAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
It will probably grow on me eventually, because this album and The Man Who Sold The World are both good enough that I plan to get them on CD when I can.
Digital download copies ok guys? If so, lemme know and I'll hook yaz up.