Music Banter - View Single Post - Feminism
Thread: Feminism
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 11:32 PM   #105 (permalink)
Lilja
Music Addict

I always liked Judge Judy's take on feminism:

I never agreed with everything the feminist movement seems to stand for and I live in one of the most "equal" lands on the planet. It just seems to me that it gets abused at times..with women stating that we are not equal enough with men and that more changes are needed and more women are needed to be seen in places that are typically male dominated (such as construction, the military, ect.). I persoanlly believe that women should be able to do what they want in terms of a job but not to do a job because they think they have the right to(such as working in construction because you have the right to rather than because you are good at it). Why do I want a lesser product because it is created by people who identify with a certain movement? If you look at construction websites in my area, there is a push to put women on the cover, in order to show "We hire women, therefore we are good": But who cares? Why
not just show good workers rather than showing certain groups?

Movements such as Metoo were neccesary but not to the point that people end up in jobs/schools/etc. where they are underqualified but use a movement to get there. To me, that is not fair at all.

I think that it should be about balance.

Last edited by Lilja; 05-26-2018 at 12:02 AM.
Lilja is offline   Reply With Quote