Music Banter - View Single Post - Feminism
Thread: Feminism
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 01:06 AM   #110 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
No. What I am saying is that I think alot of people use movements to get ahead or something that they might not be qualified for in the first place. I know women who do this and I think it is crap to do so. You should get ahead by your own merits, not because a company has to have a certain number or needs to show a certain face. And this is happening alot in typically male dominated areas like construction. Women are becoming managers not because they can do
the job but because they are a woman and companies have to show that they employ a certain number. to advoid lawsuits.

And the same thing happens to men in traditionally female dominated workplaces such as education. I know men who are qualified pre-school teachers but cannot get a job because of parental prejudice or being cold-shouldered
by colleagues. One guy I know called for a job and was told that "they don't hire pedophiles". Which he is not. But because he is a man, it was assumed. Now he works in a completly different field.

And this is coming from a woman who has worked for IT/engineering firms.
Women are the first ones to assume these things. Always saying stupid **** like, "She sucked dick to get the job!" Or "They only hired her to look progressive!". You let the straight white cis male get into your head and start oppressing your own gender. Now quit letting the straight white cis male think for you and start thinking what I tell you to think. I'm a straight white cis male, you can trust me.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote