Music Banter - View Single Post - Is violence ever the answer?
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 11:15 AM   #90 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Don’t underestimate how much influence on the public psyche these kind of theatrics can have. Creating a tiny seed of doubt on both sides about the permanence of the current power structure has to start with a van guard of radicalism. The results may not translate to simple cause and effect results in high school history books but you have to have a radical fringe that plants that seed of fear into the existing oppressor. And then the results of that can ripple.

It’s always taught that Nat Turner failed but I don’t think he did. I think he was the first wave of a movement that ultimately won.

Didn’t show it in that sissy movie but they chopped up ten white children and piled their body parts up for effect. It scared the **** out of whitey. Like 9/11 it said, we can touch you bitch.
Again, if the Black Panthers had ever actually conducted organized, violent resistance against the white majority I don't think it would have resulted in anything other than solidifying white supremacy because now the fear of black violence would have a very real justification that would have set back race relations at least a hundred years. It wasn't the Black Panthers' radicalism that changed whitey's mind, it was MLK and Brown v. Board of Education. The Black Panthers reinforced us vs. them, but the peaceful protests reinforced the perception of black humanity.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote