Music Banter - View Single Post - The Perfect Signature
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 04:06 PM   #20 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I started off easy, you know, like we all do. Just the one quote. Then it was two. Then three. Pretty soon, I was living just to sig. Quote after quote. My health started suffering. Lost my job, lost my girl*. Realised I had a problem when someone (probably Batty) complained my signature was an eyesore. It was. One dark night, sitting in a room with a gun in my hand* I realised I had to do something. Went cold turkey. Erased all sigs. I'm now two months free and feeling much better. Every day is a bonus. I feel like I've been saved.

* None of these things are true.
^ Great to get the tragic backstory on your recent austerity, Trollheart; it makes for a harrowing, cautionary read and clearly comes from the heart,Troll. I hope you don't suffer a relapse and fall off the sig-free wagon again.

My golden rule for a sig is keep it short; after all, who wants to keep scrolling past the same old collection of quotes and links every time they read a post? As you'll see, my own sig is two lines long, so I'm going to arbitrarily declare that to be the maximum perfect length.