Music Banter - View Single Post - Joining a Commune
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 03:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
Mormonism comes with some weird religious/cult like baggage, so that's not an option.

I can understand the desire to cut down and find a way to live a simpler life. I've had the thought myself. Instead of a radical move like joinging a commune, I've just cut down on certain things in order to have a quieter, more grounded life. I don't ever watch TV at all. Don't have any channels. I don't really watch youtube videos much anymore. Most of my internet time is dedicated to music these days. And I try to spend more time reading books and comics (offline in paper form!), either in silence or with a CD on the stereo. My cellphone also has no internet connection, so I only use it for calls and a rare sms. I also rarely play video games these days.

I know it's not quite what you're talking about Batlord, but I have found that just getting rid of some mental chaff and distractions this way makes for a big difference. Whether it's connected or not, I don't know, but I'm also generally less angry, less depressed than I used to be.
I want to have nothing to do with rent, mortgages, equity, credit score, or anything having to do with living in a capitalist society. I just want to be able to justify my ability to live in a community by my desire to contribute to a collective who I feel are worth contributing to to the point that I want to contribute more than I feel like I have to because it will make all of our lives better and more enjoyable. I want my justification to live in a community be something that I don't feel the need to justify. I just do it because it feels good and makes my fellow inhabitants' lives better in a tangible way. I don't even know what that means but god damn it there must be someone who does who's not a ****ing cult leader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
https://www.amazon.com/Cometbus-48-B.../B0035ZQ4ACyou

Have you read this?

Cometbus #48: Back to the Land
I guess I should?
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote