Music Banter - View Single Post - Joining a Commune
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 04:19 PM   #21 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
If you want the best answer to your question you’re likely to find.

For a take on dropping out solo there’s “The Man Who Quit Money”

I also found the book Into the Wild inspirational

If you can find it Hippycore Zines by this guy

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profane...this-week/amp/

Joel Olson doesn’t sugarcoat it

Trying to live outside the economy either alone or communally, according to everything I’ve read, is ****ing brutal.

1) almost everything in America is legally structured to make it as close to impossible as possible

2) supply and demand works against you : ****loads of people want what you’re talking about so space in a self-sustaining outsider community is precious

If everybody is offering heart you gotta offer more than heart

And once you’re competing for skills it’s just a reorganization of the f uckhery we already have

It seems like you’re saying you’d like to be a subsistence farmer with a safety net

You put in the sweat equity and the group takes care of you

but unless your commune is a complete society the government has a monopoly on safety nets

and if it is a complete society you’re beholden to it

You don’t want a cult

It’s like wanting to be a writer

It’s so hard it’s almost impossible

We’re not going to have access to your vision (which is the vision of escaping the paradigm of capitalism) unless we deconstruct our current power structure

That cannot be done by voting or any traditional political methods
I was looking up stuff on the web and seeing society's that require buy ins of half a million dollars as if that was desirable for anyone who wasn't just a bored nouveau aristocrat.

And if I got no money, what, I got to have an education the same as if I want to join the Peace Corps?

So basically I gotta find a society with a charismatic leader who can attract the numbers necessary to build a self-sufficient society because for those numbers it's about advertising basically, which is a cult?

Basically I need to find five friends who want to start a farm in the woods where the government won't be able to find us or care to?

Bro, what do you know about crops? I got a mom with a green thumb. Maybe she's got hot tips.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote