Music Banter - View Single Post - Does a country accent make you a country singer?
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2006, 06:59 PM   #27 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe
Oh, dear.

You do not wish to discuss qualifications on the subject anymore is because I have completely trumped your argument

This is the SECOND TIME I'VE SAID THIS, so pay close attention.
I'm starting to think less of your crowe. You come blazing out of no where, guns drawn ready to take names about me being elitist, in an argument you didn't even understand correctly, and now you come here with the most arrogant speech in the entire dialouge...

No, I don't agree that we agree, as far as this argument is concerned. I never hated old school country, in fact I like it. The Highwaymen are what country should be, and I also agree with you that modern country is (in my opinion and apparently yours) subpar to country from roughly 1970 and back.

Here's where I think we disagree:

Me and Junkie were arguing about a singers authenticity (essentially the "street cred" of country music) and (as far as Im seeing it) you confused that with me hating old school country.

Now I'll be the first to admit, I don't know where the Jeff tweedy and Son Volt come from. I know John McCrea comes from California, I'm pretty sure jenny lewis comes from there as well (California) but even if the first two are from the south, or whats considered the south, the last two are decidedly not, and they can write some amazing country songs. Langhone Slim writes the country blues, he's from PA, a state thats above the mason-dixon line.

What my point? These guys are just as "country" as everyone else. That was my original point in all of this.

Now I don't know what your original issue was, im well aware of your most recent ones (because you were nice enough to bold them) but the point is. A yankee can write a country song just as well as a good ol' boy and this is what im saying: A country accent does not make you a country artist.

(P.S. Hobo jesus once said in public forum that I didn't want to discuss something in a forum because I looked stupid. When I finish you off in PM, I want you to just come here and apologize, and we'll be even)