Music Banter - View Single Post - Good way to improve your credit score.
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 09:57 PM   #50 (permalink)
DwnWthVwls
Fck Ths Thngs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Find it yourself. Look up history of usury and ethics of lending and banking practices.

On being educated, some things seem so simple you think it’s street smarts but in fact you were taught certain things. An uneducated person might not understand what interest is, how a percentage is calculated, or even what a percent is. The way you argue is tedious and not worthwhile once you start trying to pick apart an unassailable thesis. It’s universally agreed upon that people well versed in banking ethics and practices should not exploit laypersons beyond traditional rates which run from around 3 to 10%.

As for comparing our banks to every other industry: no thank you. Every comparison is tedious false equivalency although elph is right that unethical business practices should be scrutinized across the board.
The only thing tedious here is you making claims youre not willing to provide evidence for. I've already admitted I'm relatively naive to the subject. I'm also totally willing to read the evidence for your claims and further educate myself.

I'm not arguing that they shouldn't exploit people and I never argued they are equivalent, but it's still a fair analogy.

I agree with the bolded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
indeed I have one right now that I didn't apply for
You probably signed up for it somewhere without realizing or someone opened it using your name. I can't find any evidence that CC companies can just force you into a line of credit you didnt sign up for.

Also, I know people who have been denied credit cards because of their bad credit, so isnt that comparable to the bartender analogy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump

Last edited by DwnWthVwls; 06-15-2018 at 10:07 PM.
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote