Music Banter - View Single Post - Should perma-banned members be given another chance?
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 08:35 AM   #83 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
But this is pretty much the basis of MB. We all break the rules every day, but it's okay, 'cause we're buds.

I can see that you're starting to get upset, exaggerating, getting wall-of-texty, and I think I know why.

You know I'm right on this, TH. It's pretty silly to argue against one final chance for members that are missed, as if it would cause the mods great effort to just ban them again should they misbehave. It really is simple and harmless.

I know about that grudge between you and Sansa. Or at least, she told me her side of it in Plug. Actually, I think most of the main MB posters know about it. Cat's out of the bag, man. Move on.

No that's bull****. I couldn't give less of a **** about Sansa. What I want to know is, what has been the catalyst for this sudden desire to have these posters back? They've been gone for a long time: what's changed? Where is the justification to bring them back? Why? Who is paying for your campaign to reinstate them? The truth must out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
If the account stays banned and they post on a new one then it has as that account is still banned.
Yeah, pretty much what I said. But unfortunately that doesn't address this question. Ori is asking to change the rules for two people who, so far as I can see, have done nothing to deserve that.

Have either of these two people spoken to you, Ori, or anyone, and expressed
a) a desire to come back
b) a willingness to change and
c) a promise to respect the rules?

Cos if not then I don't see what the point is. At all. To return to your analogy of prisoners and sentences, those sentences only get shortened IF the prisoner deserves it, if they behave. Nobody says, as you are, and as I already mentioned, "oh let them out, they've learned their lesson." Lucky you're not running our prisons, with that attitude, is all I can say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Sorry man. Cheap shot, I know.