Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 09:48 PM   #12480 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
The religious right is already gearing up big time since Trump's gonna pick another hard conservative judge for the Supreme Court, giving it a 6 to 3 edge for the first time in quite a while.

Roe V Wade will be under a major attack and may even get repealed. If nothing else, red states are going to basically make an abortion impossible to get.
^ Did you hear about how Mitch McConnell set a precedent in 2016: he led the senate in blocking Obama's Supreme Court pick because 2016 was an election year, and said McConnell, we should hear from the American people first before we let the Pres choose a judge. So that nom was pushed to after the election....

I'm hoping the Dems will make the most of the parallel between that decision and 2018 - plus they only need 1 Republican to defect and Trump's choice can be rejected ( or so says Rachel Maddow.)