Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 05:40 PM   #12613 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Troll, did you not read my post?

- hunting
- target practice
- recreation
- sporting
- self defense
Yeah I did. But all of those are just variations on the one theme: shoot. That's what I'm saying. That's all a gun can do, all it can be expected to do, all it's intended to do. A knife can prepare food, open boxes, cut rope and stuff. Knives win in terms of being more versatile and therefore there being a better reason to have one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiii View Post
Pretty much this. Same goes for someone who's really buff. I'd probably be more scared of them because they could legit beat the crap out of me. A knife can also be terrifying because it's so easily concealed. Literally someone could hide it in their shirt sleeve and BAM. Dead.
I think the sight of someone with a ****ing knife threatening me would be more scary than someone with a gun pointing it at me. Maybe. A knife just seems like it would be more, I don't know, primal. Evil. ****ing scary. Mind you, I've only ever been threatened with a knife once, but that was enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm sure he doesn't have any of his own to pursue his lifelong love of shooting watermelons.
What do people have against watermelons anyway?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Some should be regulated. Some should remain legal. Switchblades are illegal. I can't carry my butterfly knives on me or in my car. Stilettos are illegal.

Never said they were the same. Said they are both tools. You guys can try to twist me into a pretzel over this all you want. I ain't budging on anything.
Hey man, it's your right to wear any sort of shoes you want!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Spoiler for **** the hell off!!!:

Stop. Showing. This. ****ING. Picture! PLEASE!!!