Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 04:13 PM   #15253 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
You don’t talk about metal much here so I’m actually kind of surprised to hear you say that you were once really into it.
I think I've been bored with metal for longer than I was really aware; somehow not wanting to realize it. Probably a good 30-40% of my CD collection is metal. But most new albums I've bought for a long time have been everything else than metal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
You're grown used to what you used to find exciting and new?
I'm equally used to a bunch of things that I still like, so I don't think it's just an overdose or overfamiliarity. I think I want something else from music now.
Most metal just feels like a big, grey blob of dull noise to me now. Mechanically going through the motions without much in the way of color, nuance or expressive musicianship. Sometimes, I still want to hear something loud and energetic, but it was never what I liked about it first and foremost.

Of course, it's just subjective. Other people will find that a lot of metal speaks to them on a deeper level - and there's still some stuff that I don't see myself turning away from anytime soon. But overall, I'm just rarely ever "feeling it" anymore.

Last edited by MicShazam; 07-12-2018 at 04:19 PM.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote