Music Banter - View Single Post - The queer corner
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 04:57 AM   #56 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Here's something I've been thinking about lately if you guys want to discuss it:

How much does someone's sexual orientation affect their personality? Like, if you suddenly realized that you want to start experimenting, or deep down you want to switch genders, and so on, how much do you think it would change the core of your person?

Afaik, it's never been scientifically proven that straight or LGBT people have higher or lower levels of average intellect, or are more prone to criminal behavior, or anything like that. And just because you'd rather have sex with one gender over another doesn't mean that you fulfill the image of what the world has accepted as an average LGBT person (the sassy gay fashionista, the butch lesbian, etc.). It's fine if you are, but obviously the archetypes don't perfectly apply to everyone.

LGBT people are as intellectually varied as straight people, and all have varying lifestyles. But I've met some LGBT people who kinda looked down on straight people, and certainly vice versa, and I've never understood that mentality. Like, they would have thought the person they're trashing talking was an awesome person if they didn't know their orientation, so why should it matter to them at all?

Anti-LGBT peeps almost always use the same "argument" to justify their bull****: "It's not natural!"

And I'm like, bitch, humans are animals, literally everything we do is part of our "natural" behavior.

Why do people give so much of a **** about what kind of person other people like to have sex with? As long as it's between consenting adults, why should it matter?

But here's my real question that I've been leading up to:

Was the movie Chasing Amy an awful and bigoted piece of trash, or was it actually a pretty smart look at problems that we all have to this day? People always **** on it because the girl (who identifies as a lesbian) ends up falling in love with a guy. They see it as some sort of commentary that all lesbians are just pretending, or something like that.

But I think the point was that sexual orientation isn't always clear cut. People always say "Being gay isn't a choice", and that's certainly true for some people, but for others, it takes a lot of experimentation before they really figure out who/what they want from life. And yet so many people, both LGBT and straight, look down on people who are unsure, especially when they say they're one orientation but then change their mind. They look at them like they're a traitor, or a faker, or something, when they're just trying to figure out what's what.

So, like, is the movie actually kinda insightful in that way? Did people misunderstand it?
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote