Music Banter - View Single Post - The queer corner
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 09:46 AM   #132 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

@Adidasss Thanks for the response.

Might just be anecdotal, but I agree on LGBT people generally developing resilience. Growing up as a guy in the south (esp. an area full of military families) with even a hint of femininity, or even just hair longer than a buzzcut, you have to learn to defend yourself pretty quickly.

Gender fluidity is an interesting topic. I think I remember reading a few studies awhile back that concluded that very few people are truly always 100% "straight" or "gay". And of course, there was that study that blew up everywhere that said that the majority of women are actually bisexual (can't remember if it was worldwide or just in the U.S.). But it's a complex topic with a vast amount of biological and sociological factors. Some people are pretty much born with their orientation, others find it later on in life. In the end, I guess all you can really do is let people figure everything out in their own way, without pressuring them or making assumptions (i.e., saying stuff like "I can make them straight", or "they're just faking").
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote