Music Banter - View Single Post - Which is the best album for Paramore?
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2018, 01:09 PM   #14 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetOffMyLawnKid View Post
That doesn't even make sense or relate to Paramore. Fleetwood Mac and the Beastie Boys changed styles early in their career. They weren't even established bands at the time, Fleetwood started with the blues, and the Beastie Boys with punk. I don't really care about Bowie, Iggy, or The Beatles enough to know their history but i'm discussing established bands that suddenly changed genres. You'll be hard pressed to find a handful that succeeded in doing it. It may have worked for a few but I'm discussing Paramore and my own personal history of any band I've enjoyed. It's stupid and annoying for me as a fan of any artist to switch styles suddenly when I became of fan of that band for their style.

Paramore became another bubblegum pop band that sounds like 50 other female-fronted bands doing the same thing. The style change didn't make sense commercially, critically or any other way you look at it. An established band making a style change is career suicide. Paramore at first was looked as a great new up-and-coming band with a female lead singer that was in your face and a band that was hungry. No one cares about them now, their sales are in the bin. I think the last two albums barely sold over 100,000 a piece. No one one wanted it.
You trying to listen to their music or sell their records?

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote