Music Banter - View Single Post - Which is the best album for Paramore?
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2018, 01:50 PM   #44 (permalink)
GetOffMyLawnKid
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Sexy View Post
Nah that whole album is straight up pop. They try to throw in some of the most derivative and toothless punk I've heard this side of Sum 41 to cover up all the pop, but it's just cheap window dressing. The song I posted was one of the few that didn't try to pose as rock and subsequently played to their strengths (i.e. catchy songwriting and big choruses)
Derivative, catchy songwriting, and big choruses then goes off to mention their very downtempo pop that sounds like PVRIS, All Time Low, Hey Violet, and 20 other female-fronted bands. Meh.

You're attempting to argue something that doesn't logically make sense and is extremely uniformed. Posing as a rock or punk band is irrelevant to what it has been critically established as or sounds like. Rock/Punk Pop is a genre. No matter how you try and spin it that genre sounds nothing like popular music of today. I still wonder if you can properly decipher modern pop. Pop is not just catchy - it literally stands for POPULAR music. I named numerous popular artist of today who have had major success to assist you.

Quote:
The Beatles were pop. David Bowie was pop. The Kinks were pop (and also helped to pioneer guitar distortion btw). Dance pop does not define pop itself.
Beatles, Bowie, or The Kinks doesn't define the sound of today's pop nor were they strictly pop. I named the defining modern pop acts - which is what Paramore should be compared too.

Quote:
Oh good, cause I didn't already hear all the Blink 182 I could stand back in the early 00s. I've been saying for years that I desperately wanted someone new to plagiarize Good Charlotte and The Used.
Not only are bands like Good Charlotte not female-fronted bands their sound isnt comparable. I didn't even claim Paramore to be great, I answered the question. The first two albums are stylistically different than the rest of their discography and the majority of their fans blasted them for it. I didn't lie, I didn't make up something. Their sound totally changed. Those first two albums sound nothing like the rest and most hated it. What's so hard to understand?

Quote:
Yeah, how can Staind go from making balls out hard rock like "It's Been Awhile" to country?
It's Been Awhile doesn't relate to country and you once again tried to pick-and-choose the slowest song on an album and tried to compare. Terrible.

No hard feelings but I just can't with you. This will be my last reply about such a trivial thing. I came here to share music and learn of artist I may not have been acquainted with before. Not to debate someone who can't define or know the difference between genres much less debate it or try to belittle anything I listen to.
GetOffMyLawnKid is offline   Reply With Quote