Music Banter - View Single Post - The #metoo thread (sexual assault and/or misconduct discussion)
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2018, 11:09 PM   #192 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

How come nobody brings up the fact that everything you do is a reaction to something as a way to debunk free will? Every decision comes from a complicated chain reaction already set in motion. So how could it really be free will if it's been influenced?

Though, perhaps the idea of free will is just way too abstract for us to truly comprehend. Kind of like infinity. We have a basic grasp of what infinity and free will are, but we don't really have the ability to truly understand either.

Edit: What would be an example of something that doesn't have free will for us to compare to?

Edit again: But if free will doesn't exist then how could you believe in morality? If free will isn't real then nothing is good, bad, wrong or right. They just are. You don't do bad, you don't do good, you just do accordingly to the cosmic algorithm.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.

Last edited by Lucem Ferre; 08-29-2018 at 11:18 PM.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote