Music Banter - View Single Post - Brits Vs Yanks
Thread: Brits Vs Yanks
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2006, 02:42 PM   #141 (permalink)
TrampInaTux
that's my war face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkaba
Being very much an outsider of both nations I can see what Urban is saying.

If you said American music I know exactly what to think. Little fiddy cents in their masses, a few hundred thousand britneys, and some worse for wear metalheads.

When you say Britain though, my mind draws blanks. There is no one conclusion. First I think of Radiohead and then garage rock bands come to mind, a crap load of indie then shows up and last you know theres bound to be some pop floating around too.

Britain FEELS like a mixed bag. You don't know whats going to be the next big thing over there.

Yet 20 buks says a hip hop/rap artist will, again, be the next big thing in America.
Our charts are polluted with American artists anyway, so you can't go by them stupid things. As an outsider looking in you will only see the icing of two very tasty cakes. It depends what syle of music you like-if you like your rap done well, you'll turn to America. If you like Indie you'll turn to Britain. It depends on your taste in music to which country you prefer more. I do like Rap, but I prefer a good old fashioned British band which is why, for me, Britain wins.
TrampInaTux is offline   Reply With Quote